OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

adding user roles once registered

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

adding user roles once registered

Postby SirOscar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 am

I'm new to OJS and, after reading the manual and searching the forums, I have several questions:

1) I have become an editor of a journal that uses OJS. Prior to this, I was a reviewer for the journal. When logging in as a reviewer with my registration credentials, I can't figure out how to make myself an author so that I could submit an article. I'm trying to articulate instructions to already registered users on how to submit a manuscript, which is why I'm going through this with my own account.

2) When I assign new reviewers, do I first need to send them a Journal Registration link? Or can I just enter a reviewer and send them an email from that sign-in page, inviting them to be a reviewer (which would of course involve registering)?

3) How do I find out the cc's on the Prepared Emails? I'm receiving some, but the former editor is receiving the Submission Acknowledgement cc's. How would I go about investigating this?

Thanks for all help!
SirOscar

Re: adding user roles once registered

Postby asmecher » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:19 am

Hi SirOscar,

1) Existing users can change their Author, Reviewer, and Reader roles by visiting their Profile. If you don't see Author listed there, check journal setup to make sure you've allowed author self-registration.

2) When you create a new reviewer, you're creating an account for them to use. No need to have them register separately.

3) CC's generally go to the assigned authors on the submission's Summary page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: adding user roles once registered

Postby SirOscar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks for your replies--I've resolved these issues!

One other thing--I sent a request for a review to someone, and they haven't responded yet. I'd like to send that person a reminder to respond. Can I do this from the Reviewer page of Submissions? If not, where can I access this function?

Thanks again!
SirOscar

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion