OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cant add repositories to system

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Cant add repositories to system

Postby mica78 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:05 am

I just installed Harvester 2. The installation was far from easy, since only the third time it really passed on ok. It didnt give me any error messages though, so I dont know what was the problem.

Now the system is up and running, but I cant add any repositories to it.
When I enter the OAI URL and press save I get browser error saying "error loading web page" and the systems halts.

Any help with this one?
mica78

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:01 am

Hi mica78,

Could you provide some details on the problems you encountered during installation and your server platform? I suspect that the problem (perhaps affecting both installation and and adding archvives) is a timeout. Try increasing your max_execution_time and max_input_time parameters in php.ini and restarting Apache. If this doesn't work, feel free to contact me with some details on the OAI repository you're having trouble with; I'll do some further testing to determine what the problem is.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby kyle » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:24 am

Hi,

I had similar problem and found the solution in the docs/FAQ.

The short version of the solution is that you have to add "AcceptPathInfo On" to the httpd.conf file. Then restart Apache web server for the change to take effect.

There are more details in the docs/FAQ.

I hope that helps,
Kyle
kyle

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development