OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Translating OCS

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Translating OCS

Postby acuadec » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi,

I have been translated the OCS locale files to Turkish Language. But i need help for translating dates, (months). I could not find any locale file related to dates.

Example: June -> Haziran, July -> Temmuz etc...

Cheers
acuadec

Re: Translating OCS

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am

Hi acuadec,

OJS doesn't handle the locale translations for dates. We use Smarty for our templates, and Smarty lets us format dates within our templates using a date_format modifier, which ultimately calls PHP's strftime() function. That function is aware of locales, and is dependent on your web server having the correct default locale set for PHP. You can do this either through the Intl extension for PHP, or possibly also through various global variables set via .htaccess, e.g. something like this:

Code: Select all
SetEnv   LC_ALL  tr_TR.UTF-8

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OCS Development