OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewers can't open submitted files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reviewers can't open submitted files

Postby oclaudiu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Good evening,

We have a problem with files submitted for review. When a reviewer tried to open file received for review, nothing happened, only refresh of page. Files are in PDF format. How can I solve this problem ?

LE : Doc files are open without problems.

Thanks'

Claudiu
oclaudiu

Re: Reviewers can't open submitted files

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Claudiu,

What version of OJS are you using? This probably a MIME type issue. I suspect you're hitting a bug that was fixed in an older version of OJS. See if this patch helps:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=3657

Note: You may need to run a MySQL command to fix any MIME types that may already be incorrect in your database:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=3660

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: Reviewers can't open submitted files

Postby oclaudiu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks' very much for reply. Version installed is 2.4.2 and we use a Postgre database. Does instructions above work on PostgreSQL too ? Thanks' very much. I converted article to .DOC format and the same error occurred : authors and editors can open articles, but reviewers not. So, instructions above can solve our problems ? It's very frustrating because I must send on mail articles to reviewers .

Thanks' very much.
oclaudiu

Return to OJS Technical Support