OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS and OCS connection/integration

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

OJS and OCS connection/integration

Postby quofet » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 am

Hello,

I have scoured the PKP website and associated FAQs, documentation, etc... but the answer to the following question is not clear to me:

Can OJS and OCS be integrated such that the user has one login, and one profile page, etc?

I really cannot see asking users to create an account at OJS for the journal submissions, and again for signing up for a conference?

Thanks for more information about this. Might I suggest that such be added to the FAQs of each software?

Best,
M
quofet

Re: OJS and OCS connection/integration

Postby mendesrocha » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:08 pm

I am also interested in a solution for this integration.
mendesrocha

Postby swilson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Wondering if there was ever a solution to this question. I'd be interested in seeing how you did the integration. Thanks.
swilson

Postby jamief » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am

Definately there is a need for OJS/OCS integration (for example, the entire login/user module).

At the moment the only solution I have managed is to join OJS / OCS and a CMS (Joomla) together.
It's a bit tricky but what I get then is control over every single menu item in all three platforms, which I can use the Joomla ACL functions to control. So I can mix my OJS and OCS menus if I need to into one menu block. (My papers, My conferences, My profile). If I have a conference organiser who will publish the papers in an OJS journal after the conference, I can give him/her access to the editorial controls in a single menu block as well.

The good thing is the entire core of the OJS and OCS do not need to be touched, it is all done through template hacks.

My most recent project is http://www.gamblingstudies.org where they have a conference coming up (OCS for the submission and Joomla CMS for the informational part), a best paper submission (OJS submission) and a Call for papers for an upcoming Journal issue. Later we will add a public forum for the papers (either a forum like this one - PHPBB or a joomla forum addon. We maintain as much as possible a single template look by using Joomla templates and taking the main template.css information and making that the css for the OJS and OCS as well. Not perfect, but it pretty much works!
jamief

Postby sampei » Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 am

I can't believe there is nothing that integrates OJS and OCS (one login, one profile page, etc).
jamief thanks for your help however I am not using Joomla.
Do let me know if you come up with anything else...

Return to General Discussion