You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

enrol an editor

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

enrol an editor

Postby nidaa » Thu May 30, 2013 3:54 am

I have 2 journals … I registered a person as an editor on one of the journals with a specific email for the journal…. I want to enroll the same person (with the same user name in both of the journals ) as an editor on the other journal but with different email (specific for the second journal) … please how can I do that …..
In other words: I want to enroll a person as an editor in 2 journals with the same account but with different emails

Hope to hear from you soon

Re: enrol an editor

Postby JasonNugent » Thu May 30, 2013 5:56 am

Hi Nidaa,

Unfortunately, OJS only allows for a single email address per user account. However, depending on how much system-level access you have, it becomes possible to accomplish this sort of thing using your email server and a tool like procmail. If I was doing what you were attempting to do, I'd create a procmail rule that matched on an email subject, looking for the journal abbreviation (e.g. [MYJOURNAL]), and then forwarded the email to a different address.

Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support