OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with submission acknowledgement 2.4.2

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem with submission acknowledgement 2.4.2

Postby aambesha » Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 pm

I have recently upgraded to the 2.4.2 version. The article is successfully submitted to the journal but the submission confirmation is not received in the inbox. Please suggest me a solution.
aambesha

Re: Problem with submission acknowledgement 2.4.2

Postby asmecher » Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 am

Hi aambesha,

If you have access to the server's email logs, that's the best place to start troubleshooting. It's possible that the message was sent (in which case it'll appear in the mail logs) but got caught in a spam filter somewhere between there and the end user's mailbox.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby aambesha » Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 am

Thank you for your prompt response. I have checked the email log but it shows that email is not generated or sent to the recipient. and the same problem exists. When i click on Reject and Archive Submission, the email is properly received but the Submission Acknowledgement is not received.
aambesha

Postby asmecher » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 am

Hi aambesha,

When the submission acknowledgment email is enabled (see the Prepared Emails interface as Journal Manager), it's sent to the author (and anyone else configured in Journal Setup 3.6) when the submission is received, not when it's rejected and archived. If you've configured email addresses in Setup 3.6, make sure they're just email addresses, not e.g. "Recipient Name <address@here.com>".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby aambesha » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

Thank you. I have clicked on the reset all emails and the problem is resolved.
aambesha

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion