OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error in Journal Management > Journal Setup>Step 3

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Error in Journal Management > Journal Setup>Step 3

Postby ijarnp » Wed May 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello All,

I just updated the OJS version from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2, since then I have been getting an error in Journal Management > Journal Setup>Step 3

Fatal error: Call to a member function smartyFBVSelect() on a non-object in /ijarnp.org/cache/t_compile/%%7E^7E0^7E0382DA%%step3.tpl.php on line 447

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave
ijarnp

Re: Error in Journal Management > Journal Setup>Step 3

Postby asmecher » Wed May 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Dave,

What version of PHP are you running?

What upgrade process did you follow (full package? patch?) and do you have any local modifications?

Also, try deleting cache/t_compile/*.php and double-check that file permissions there are sufficient to allow OJS to re-create the files (which it should do automatically).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ijarnp » Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi Alec,
Thank you for your reply.
I am fairly new to this, so please excuse my ignorance.
Our Journal is hosted with Inmotionhosting, so we updated it via their cpanel using softaculous, I think this would make it a patch upgrade?
We are running php 5.3.1
I don't think we have any local modifications. Do you still recommend that I delete the file? Can you also please advice what the file permissions should be (6-4-4)?
Thanks again,
Dave.
ijarnp

Postby asmecher » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Dave,

File permissions will depend on the way your host is configured; search the forum for "file permissions" and see also the FAQ entry on the subject. You're safe to delete cache/t_compile/*.php and if the files there don't get re-created then it's because your permissions are set incorrectly. (Be careful making permissions over-permissive -- it may work but you may be creating a security risk. Never use 777 permissions, for example.)

If clearing out your template directory doesn't do the trick, we'll have to consider other possibilities. I'm not familiar with the way Softalicious performs upgrades -- we don't maintain those packages -- but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. (It'll be helpful to know -- do you have command-line access to your server, or just FTP?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Resolved: Error in Journal Management > Journal Setup>Step

Postby ijarnp » Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 am

Hi Alec,

I did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm!

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Dave
ijarnp

Postby asmecher » Thu May 23, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Dave,

Great -- glad to hear it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher