OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

UserProfile is still broken

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

UserProfile is still broken

Postby newone » Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Was this bug fixed? It listed it was fixed but in current version of OJS, clicking a userprofile still produces a 404 not found error.

userProfile links return 404 not found

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/RELEASE-2.4.0
newone

Re: UserProfile is still broken

Postby JasonNugent » Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 am

Hi newone,

Can you provide a full URL to an example user profile that generates the error? I will see if I can duplicate it.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby newone » Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

I do not have a public URL to provide.

Was it fixed?
newone

Postby JasonNugent » Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 am

Hi newone,

I don't know -- I need to be able to test to see your URL is a problem. :) I haven't heard any other reports of broken user profile links, however.

Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby newone » Wed May 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for the interest in this issue. I cannot post the URL publicly, but can send it privately if you wish to look into it.

I looked into the userprofiles and something is a bit off. Sometimes, when you click the userprofiles, it works, and then if you click again, it shows 404 error, but for most part, it is a 404 error message. Prior to 2.4.2, userprofiles was broken, but the 2.4.2 release note indicated the bug was fixed.

Also, when someone buys an article on OJS website, they are always required to have an account to do so (why can't people buy without registration?). But the issue is that when people register, they sometimes do not register correctly and so on their user account, it shows that they are not enrolled on any journal. As a result, the user becomes an orphan because the user is not enrolled in any journal. The user cannot receive any news about the journal if they are not enrolled. At first, I noticed that those who are not enrolled in a journal, but have bought and downloaded the article, when clicking their userprofiles via the payments records under subscription, it always generates an error.

Additionally, there are some issues with charaset, which I am trying to solve.
newone

Postby JasonNugent » Thu May 23, 2013 5:36 am

Hi newone,

Sure, a private message with a URL to examine would be fine. Happy to take a look and see if there's a problem.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby newone » Thu May 23, 2013 10:47 am

You got email I have sent you the URL.
newone

Postby JasonNugent » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi newone,

I have been clicking around on your site using the login credentials you sent and the userProfile links that I find (for example) in the Journal Manager -> Users Enrolled in this Journal page all work fine. The other pages also seem to work. Was there a specific spot that you found that causes problems?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby newone » Thu May 23, 2013 5:16 pm

You are clicking on the wrong thing.

When you login, click on subscriptions manager, then click payments. On the payments page, click records. Records shows you a list of downloaded article.

On the records page, you will see User, Payment Type, Timestamp, Action.

Click on any of the user under the User column. When you click on a username, it says "404 Not Found"

According to the release note, this bug was supposed to have been fixed, but it is not. When you click a username, it should always take you to the profile of that user account. It does not do that.

When do they plan to fix this bug?
newone

Postby JasonNugent » Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 am

I'm on the page:

/index.php/war/manager/viewPayments

All of those userProfile links work just fine. There *does* appear to be a bug on the last page (page 3), but the user name links that are available all work. I do not get any 404 errors.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JasonNugent » Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 am

Also, if you are specifically referring to the /subscriptionManager URL component, you didn't give me access to that. The account you created won't let me log in as your only other subscription manager since that account is an administrative one. (This is why I originally asked you for a full URL to the problem page. Having that, I can debug locally instead of round tripping this with you each time).

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support