OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Important! Reviewing Interests disappeared after upgrade

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Important! Reviewing Interests disappeared after upgrade

Postby carlaferreira » Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 am

Wanted to ask you one thing: we upgraded from version 2.3.6 to 2.3.8 and the field of REVIEWING INTERESTS, disappeared. Those who had filled that field disappeared.

Is there someplace table in the bank, I don't know ... giving to copy and replace the current production environment?
See the attached image.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (179.32 KiB) Viewed 745 times
carlaferreira

Re: Important! Reviewing Interests disappeared after upgrade

Postby asmecher » Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am

Hi carlaferreira,

Did the upgrade script run successfully? Do you have a copy of that script's output by any chance?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby carlaferreira » Tue May 21, 2013 11:32 am

The upgrade script was successfully executed.
There is no error message.
On completion of the message that the script ran successfully

:S
carlaferreira

Postby asmecher » Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 am

Hi carlaferreira,

There is a migration process that changes how user interests are stored between OJS 2.3.6 and 2.3.7, implemented in classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php in the "migrateReviewingInterests2" function. It sounds to me like something went wrong in that migration process.

The data should be stored in the controlled_vocab_entry_settings table (the actual user interests) and the user_interests table (associating each with the user accounts). Do you see the relevant data in those tables?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby carlaferreira » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

Thank you for answers!

We upgraded and this problem has resolved.

:D
carlaferreira

Postby dbd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm

We went from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2, received no errors during the process (we went from one version to the next to the next until getting to 2.4.2).

I still have a copy of the 2.3.6 DB, but how to I fix this?
dbd

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi dbd,

If you're able to make the jump right from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2, I'd suggest doing so. Running each step from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2 individually will be hard to debug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby dbd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:55 am

I tried jumping straight to 2.4.2, but it failed. The only way I could get it to work (after much trying) was to go from one version to the next, to the next. Which I can repeat on a test server and see when the words start going way?
dbd

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 am

Hi dbd,

I'd much rather focus on identifying potential problems with the direct 2.3.x to 2.4.2 upgrade, as that'll be most helpful to the community at large (and will involve a lot less work for you besides); do you have the error message that you got when you tried that?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby dbd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:15 am

Not really an option to go back and try to trouble shoot the issues that happened while skipping versions, since the version we are using is in production now and this problem wasn't discovered until after the fact.

I did discover that it appears that the user_interests table all have the same user_id which is 6668, which is where I think the problem is.
dbd

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi dbd,

Yes, that's likely a problem. I'd suggest working with cross-database queries to bring the content from the old storage method into the new one; note that the storage changed twice, once at 2.3.3, and again at 2.3.7. The two changes are implemented in classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php in the migrateReviewingInterests() and migrateReviewingInterests2() tables, and I suspect it'll be possible to make those changes with a few queries rather than invoking PHP code. Unfortunately if you're working with production data it's likely that some users have since registered and have data stored properly, and you'll have to be careful not to disrupt their data when working with the stuff that didn't survive migration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support