OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't upload files

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Re: Can't upload files

Postby asmecher » Wed May 15, 2013 8:25 am

Hi tabber,

When you upgraded OMP, did you follow the instructions in docs/UPGRADE?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tabber » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 am

Hello Alec, I am new, I am quite sure I have followed the instructions. Few weeks ago I did a dry-run, no errors, so I run the patch and the upgrade of the database. Because of you reaction I thought let me do the upgrade of the db again. Now I get
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Duplicate entry 'submissionAgency-1048585-1' for key 'controlled_vocab_symbolic'. It is probable better to restore the backup of the database?
tabber

Postby asmecher » Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 am

Hi tabber,

The first error message you quoted suggests to me that the upgrade script was never run, since that script is in charge of synchronizing your database against the database descriptors in the new version, e.g. to add any database columns or tables that are needed for the new release. However, the second error message suggests that the upgrade may have been partially run. Do you have any information about the upgrade history of the install? It's tough to know what happened without more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Previous

Return to OMP Technical Support