OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem uploading images / cover / thumbnail images

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem uploading images / cover / thumbnail images

Postby crlsgms » Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello everyone! Im trying to change the image to an specific journal, but as I upload the image I see it on the admin pages, but when I return to the journal the old image is still there.

File permissons on public folders are ok, im using 755

Im using debian, and installed php_mime_type via apt-get, but still giving me the above error, Iv noticed that the '/tmp/somefolder' changes everytime, and /tmp folder is also writable.

Code: Select all
[Fri May 03 20:44:11 2013] [error] [client 88.88.88.88] ojs2 has produced an error\n  Message: WARNING: mime_content_type(): File or path not found '/tmp/php3r8Gvx'\n  In file: /usr/share/ojs/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php\n  At line: 376\n  Stacktrace: \n  Server info:\n   OS: Linux\n   PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze15\n   Apache Version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)\n   DB Driver: mysql\n   DB server version: 5.1.66-0+squeeze1, referer: http://ojs.myserver.com/index.php/journal/manager/saveSetup/5

can anyone help me troubleshoot this? im using ojs 2.4.2
crlsgms

Re: Problem uploading images / cover / thumbnail images

Postby asmecher » Mon May 06, 2013 10:40 am

Hi crlsgms,

Are file uploads working elsewhere in the system? Off the top of my head, I suspect there's a problem with the way PHP file uploads are configured on that server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Problem uploading images / cover / thumbnail images

Postby crlsgms » Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 am

well, all the other files on the ojs system, considering the .docs and .pdfs files from the articles are being upload normally from the portal, I got this error specifically with the cover images.

is there any way to troubleshoot this?
crlsgms

Return to OJS Technical Support