OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

artic not accessibile after moving servers and changing urls

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

artic not accessibile after moving servers and changing urls

Postby dcomeaux » Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

Hi,

I was asked to move our installation to a different server, and to change the url from ojs.tulane.edu to library.tulane.edu/ojs. I have moved the files and database to the new server. Most everything seems to work, accept the articles are not displaying, nor can they be downloaded. I've changed the file permissions on the files, cache, public and js directories to 775 (which was working on the original server). I also changed the base url and path to the files directory in the config.inc.php file. I'm still not able to see the articles. I've searched the forum archive and I don't see another post that discusses a problem exactly like mine.

Can you help please?

Respectfully,
Dave
dcomeaux

Re: artic not accessibile after moving servers and changing

Postby asmecher » Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 am

Hi Dave,

There may still be file permissions problems -- who owns the files in your files_dir?

Is the new server using SELinux? If so, there may be additional security settings to tweak.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby dcomeaux » Fri May 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your quick response! I'm still awaiting a response from our system admin about the information you requested. I'll get back to you as soon as I have it.

Thanks again,
Dave
dcomeaux

Postby dcomeaux » Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Alec,

i talked to our server administrator, and it turns our that the path I had to the files directory was wrong. He put the correct path in the config file for me and everything looks good now!

Thanks for your assistance!
Dave
dcomeaux

Return to OJS Technical Support