OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Editor

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

OJS Editor

Postby mmatisoff » Tue May 07, 2013 6:53 am

Is there an OJS editor equivalent to Digital Commons EdiKit or Emacs, Vim, etc.? I am new to the OJS world. I've printed out the user manuals and reference guides. I am a consultant who has been asked to implement the OJS platform to host two journals that originated from Digital Commons.
mmatisoff

Re: OJS Editor

Postby asmecher » Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 am

Hi mmatisoff,

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for; could you describe it in a little more detail?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mmatisoff » Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 am

Digital Commons includes professional-grade editorial management system ( EdiKit™) that manages the entire peer-review process including deadline management, communication between authors, editors and reviewers, and other editorial tasks, online via an intuitive interface. I'm just curious to know if there is a tool in OJS that will allow me to manage workflow via a common interface, i.e., a single screen that displays the entire e-Pubs process and allows me to control article traffic flow from start to finish.
mmatisoff

Postby asmecher » Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 am

Hi mmatisoff,

Ah, Emacs and Vim threw me off -- I don't think those are relevant to what you're talking about. OJS, however, is what you describe; I would suggest checking out an introductory video e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frV1udWLDu0.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mmatisoff » Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks Alec. I just watched the video. That is exactly what I want to be able to do. Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I get started? I've already declared the journals that I want. How soon before authors can start uploading their own papers? Also, can the system automatically route submitted papers to the peer reviewers? Once I get inside the system, everything will become clearer. I just need a kick start.

Is there a system administrator area where the e-Pubs manager can monitor all of the journals and work behind the scenes to create new plug-ins etc?

Thanks,

Marty
mmatisoff

Postby asmecher » Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Marty,

It sounds like you already have OJS installed and two journals created. If that's the case, I'd suggest working through OJS in an Hour starting around page 30 ("Journal Managers").

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mmatisoff » Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

Will do. Thx.
mmatisoff

Return to General Discussion