OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

section order problem within issues

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

section order problem within issues

Postby jeanh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance if this has a well known solution - I did search this.

When creating or editing archived issues, editors are unable to move the bottommost TOC section of a journal issue up using the up arrow. Further, the downward arrow is greyed out on the second section up from the bottom, and this section cannot be moved down. All other sections are movable anywhere else in the list; it is only the bottommost section which can never be changed. This affects issues using custom ordering.

I also tried reordering the sections as JM, in Journal Sections (with both jQuery on and off). The change looks like it has been made (the section actually moves up), but the issue is then unchanged, and upon returning to Journal Sections, the bottom section is back where it used to be.

The closest issue I could find in the forum relates to Issue ordering, linked below. Perhaps these are related problems?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5167&start=0&hilit=section+order

Thanks,
Jean

{OJS version 2.3.1.2}
jeanh

Re: section order problem within issues

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Jean,

I can't replicate this in OJS 2.3.3, but that's not necessarily a surprise. The custom ToC rules can be particularly tricky to debug, given the different ways custom ordering may be created. I did find a bug report that sounds similar to your problem, but it's been fixed by 2.3.1: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4554. Could you take a look and let me know if this sounds like it may be similar to your problem? More specifically:

-- does this happen for every issue, or only with certain issues?
-- if it's only with certain issues, is there anything unique that you may have done in those cases (for example, publish new content/sections after the original issue was published)?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby lschiff » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm

We are also experiencing this problem with one of our journals. I looked at the bug that was referenced http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4554 and checked the custom_section_orders tables for the issue in question, but found no NULL values, though I did notice that the table shows about 60 sections assigned to this issue when the GUI shows 10. This journal does have 99 sections overall though. Our version of OJS should include this fix, so I think there is another problem going on, possibly linked to the incorrect associations between an issue and the sections.
lschiff

Postby andjsmit » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:16 am

We ran into this problem as well for only a couple of issues in one journal. I found that the section that could not be moved and locked at the bottom was missing from the issue in the custom_section_orders. A work around for us was to remove the section and then add it again. After doing this, the section could be moved and appeared in the custom_section_orders table.
andjsmit

Return to OJS Technical Support