OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Configure journal flow

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Configure journal flow

Postby rooh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 am

i am student of master computer science. i install ojs and want to configure its publication process can you help me, i wants it publication done as following flow.
1. Author submit their paper, at the process of submission he can suggest your own reviewes, when he complete submission process,
2. The paper will go to cheif editor (This role is not available in current ojs),
3. Cheif editor check paper and also check suggest reviewers then he will assigned paper to concerned section editor,
4. section editor will assigned this paper related to concern reviewers.
5. reviewers response to section editors and section editors add comments of accept/reject and assigned to cheif editor,
6. at last cheif editor take decison and inform author about his paper for accept or review or reject.
7. if accept cheif edior will create issue and add paper in this issue,

if any one can configure above process for me kindly help me, i will be tankful to all of you,

UbaidUllah
Mardan, Pakistan
rooh

Re: Configure journal flow

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

Hi UbaidUllah,

The Chief Editor you suggest operates much like the Editor role already does in OJS. To rename it, you can edit the locale files to change the language used.

Currently there is no specific place for the Author to suggest Reviewers, so without coding to add that feature, the easiest thing to do is to ask the author to use the "Notes to Editor" field (part of the submission process) to specify reviewers.

Section Editors can be assigned to the Review stage only. This will allow them to marshal the review process but not to perform the Editorial work, including posting the submission online. Assigning Section Editors to Review only would allow the Editor to make the final decision.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Configure journal flow

Postby rooh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Alec Smecher,
Thanks Alot to solve my problem.

Regards,
UbaidUllah
rooh

Return to OJS Development