OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Substitution problem with e-mail templates

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Substitution problem with e-mail templates

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Paul,

Depending on the editor decision, one of several different templates (EDITOR_DECISION_ACCEPT, EDITOR_DECISION_REVISIONS, EDITOR_DECISION_RESUBMIT, or EDITOR_DECISION_DECLINE) are used. Put the wording you'd like into each template rather than trying to use a single template with a variable replacement.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby paul » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:43 pm

I see. Thank you very much.
paul

Postby paul » Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 am

I am trying to revise the prepared email for article review request. Here are the two things I like to change:

1. Use only last name instead of full name. What parameter should I use?
2. Add 1 or 2 line space after abstract. Right now there isn't a line space between the abstract and signature. I tried pressing enter/return a couple of times but it doesn't work.

Here is the template code
Code: Select all
Dear {$reviewerName}:

I believe that you would serve as an excellent reviewer of the manuscript, "{$articleTitle}," which has been submitted to {$journalName}. The submission's abstract is inserted below, and I hope that you will consider undertaking this important task for us.

Please log into the journal web site by {$weekLaterDate} to indicate whether you will undertake the review or not, as well as to access the submission and to record your review and recommendation.

The review itself is due {$reviewDueDate}.

Submission URL: {$submissionReviewUrl}

Thank you for considering this request.

"{$articleTitle}"

{$abstractTermIfEnabled}
{$articleAbstract}

Thank you.

Paul
paul

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support