OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to upload a file of CFP?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

How to upload a file of CFP?

Postby AlexandrosG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 am

Hi!
I want to put upload a file and, link to it, in the "Call For Papers" page.
I checked 'File Browser' but this works with folder schedConfs which is outside the "html" folder of apache and so, not visible to site visitors! :?
Is it possible through the ocs administration or i have to do it through FTP?
AlexandrosG

Re: How to upload a file of CFP?

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:18 am

Hi AlexandrosG,

If you expect to do this frequently, you can streamline it by creating a symbolic link in your files directory to the site's "public" directory. Then you'll be able to upload files through the files browser into a web-accessible location. Otherwise (if it's just a one-off) it's probably better to use FTP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby AlexandrosG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Symbolic links...! I had forgoten them! That's what happens to you when you work a lot with Windows! :lol:
I think symbolic links would be my prefered solution.
I don't want to install ftp service on my server.

Thanks!!

*hey people, don't forget to change the owner and group of the symbolic link, otherwise the "File Browser" would not be able to upload files!! :wink:
AlexandrosG

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi AlexandrosG,

Glad that'll work for you. Beware, though, that anyone with a Conference Manager account will have the ability to upload server-executable files (e.g. PHP scripts) so be careful how you treat your Manager accounts. You may be able to mitigate risk with Apache configuration directives on the public directory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby AlexandrosG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 am

Added to httpd.conf:

<Directory "/var/www/vhosts/ocs/html/public/myfoldername">
<Files *.php>
Deny from All
</Files>
</Directory>

Note: The file uploading is a very userful feature in many pages. I had just be asked to place some paper and abstract template files into the the conference page.
AlexandrosG

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion