OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

global variable for transaction number

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

global variable for transaction number

Postby Susan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 pm

I am redirecting to the university payment receipting system after registration for the conference
in order to accept credit card payments for the conference dinner (set up as a registration option
on the conference which is otherwise free). I can access the user data needed but each transaction sent to the receipting system also needs to have a unique number (ie. first user to register and pay creates trans. no. 1, second user to register creates trans. no 2 etc). This implies an application global variable. Do I use Registry.inc.php which has set and get methods or am I on the wrong track here?

Running OCS 2.3.5. Any help appreciated (first time administrator of an OCS install)
Susan

Return to OCS Technical Support