OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

TinyMCE disappeared after upgrading to 1.0.0

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

TinyMCE disappeared after upgrading to 1.0.0

Postby coreysh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

TinyMCE disappeared after upgrading OMP to 1.0.0. It only shows alt text for "Upload an image." When I click on the "Upload an image" icon, it gives me an error message: "Not Found
The requested URL /omp-1.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/jbimages/dialog.htm was not found on this server." It appears the url is pointing to "omp-1.0.0" instead of "omp" which is the correct directory name. I'm sure if this error is related to the disappearance of tinyMCE at all.

Here is a screenshot:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 3.47.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 3.47.20 PM.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 993 times
coreysh

Re: TinyMCE disappeared after upgrading to 1.0.0

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi coreysh,

One thing to try: flush your cache. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9807 for a similar post.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby coreysh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Deleting the cache files in "lib\pkp\lib\tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce" solved the problem. Thank you for the prompt reply and solution!
coreysh

Postby coreysh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:57 am

I take it back. When I checked it again at work, the problem still exists! There are no gz files in cache or tinymce directory. Any other suggestions?
coreysh

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 am

Hi coreysh,

Is it possible that your work browser still has a cached copy of the TinyMCE editor? Try flushing your browser's cache and reloading.
(Also, TinyMCE should be regenerating that .gz file you deleted; if it's not, you may need to check permissions on that directory.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby coreysh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 am

It was the cache on my computer. Thank you.
coreysh

Return to OMP Technical Support