OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom block plugins doesn´t appear in the right sidebar

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Custom block plugins doesn´t appear in the right sidebar

Postby ULeML » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 am

Good afternoon, trying to add a new "Custom Block Pluging" gave me an error and disappeared all the "custom block plugins". Get back to them from the server by copying the complements folder (I had a backup), but now it only appear in the sidebar when I click on "Generic Plugins". It doesn´t appear in the rest of the magazine. They only appear in Generic Plugins/custom block manager/Preferences. In "Block plugins" doesn´t appear so that I can´t edit it and if I add a new one I can not put content in it. My OJS version is 2.3.7.0. I've tried everything but maybe I´m missing something. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much!! ULeML :( :roll: :?:
ULeML

Re: Custom block plugins doesn´t appear in the right sidebar

Postby vgabler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I entirely understood your question, but here are the steps I took to create and edit a custom block to appear in the side bar of my test journal. Please let me know whether following these instructions does not help you.

Journal Manager > System Plugins > Generic Plugins > Custom Block Manager (enabled) > Settings > Add Block > enter the title of the block in the text field > SAVE > back to System Plugins > Block Plugins. You should find your new block plugin title in the list. When you select Edit under the title of your new block plugin, you should be able to add your custom text in the free-form text field.

Once you have done that, you may need to check in Step 5.6 of The Look layout section of the Setup in the Journal Management pages to make sure that the new custom block appears in the left or right side bar. If it is in the middle column, it will not appear, that column lists the blocks you choose not to display. Use the arrows to move the custom block to the left or ride side panel to have it appear on either the left or right panel.

Again, please feel free to respond if this process does not work for you.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Re: Custom block plugins doesn´t appear in the right sidebar

Postby ULeML » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am

Vanessa, thanks so much for you help but I did all the steps but when I enter the title of the block in the text field, I save and when I back to System Plugins>Block Plugins I don´t find my new block plugin title in the list. I have done this many times before but now it doesn´t works. Don´t know where is the problem... Maybe now I explain better the problem.

Thanks again!
ULeML

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion