OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can I publish two TOC's on a homepage?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Can I publish two TOC's on a homepage?

Postby maneddscn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 am

Hello,

I am a managing editor for a peer reviewed journal run on OJS. We publish on a rolling release, so we publish articles as they become ready. I was wondering, and haven't been able to find anything relating to this in the forum, if it is at all possible to have the previous issue's table of contents remain on the homepage even as we start to release articles from the following (or "current") issue? So essentially, we want to have both TOC's available on the homepage. As it is now, once I publish an article from the new issue, the previous issue becomes archived. If I change the previous issue to current issue, it removes the new issue from the homepage. Basically, we don't want to remove the previous issue from the homepage to replace it with only one article.

Thank you!
maneddscn

Re: Can I publish two TOC's on a homepage?

Postby vgabler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi,

There is not currently a way to have the function in step 5.2 of the Setup "Add the table of contents for the current issue (if available)" to include multiple issues. The only option for that feature is to include the most recent issues. You could always custom build the page using the Additional Content section of Setup 5.2, but you'd have to build out the page with texts and links for articles yourself, and the previous issue would still also appear in the archive. You would need to enter the titles and info into the free form text field in 5.2 and then hyperlink to the Abstract pages or PDFs as desired.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Re: Can I publish two TOC's on a homepage?

Postby maneddscn » Thu May 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks, Vanessa!
maneddscn

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion