OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Offline mode in OJS version 2.1.1.0

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Offline mode in OJS version 2.1.1.0

Postby brucem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi, due to staff/faculty leaving the university I was handed over an OJS 2.1.1.0 installation temporarily until they set up a new server at their new institution. Since they are ready to take over the installation, I was looking for some sort of offline mode where I could limit access to the site while leaving a maintenance message. Does that exist in this version of OJS? If not, what would be the best way to handle such a transition? Unfortunately, the staff that set this installation up did not go with the faculty to the new institution so I can’t contact them.

I am coming from a Drupal environment, so my plan was to put the site in offline mode, copy the database and the base install/non-public files directory.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

-Bruce
brucem

Re: Offline mode in OJS version 2.1.1.0

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Bruce,

There is no built-in maintenance mode, but since all requests go through the index.php script in the installation directory, you can simply put your message there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Offline mode in OJS version 2.1.1.0

Postby brucem » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks. I ended up protecting the public_html folder in directadmin and I left a message in the password prompt. That seemed to work fine.
brucem

Return to OJS Technical Support