OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 2.3.5 generic plugin: NavBar hook problem

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS 2.3.5 generic plugin: NavBar hook problem

Postby smcphill » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:10 am

System details: OJS 2.3.5 on linux using mysql 5.1, apache2.2, php 5.3.2

I'm in the process of writing a generic plugin that needs to add a nav menu item. I'm using the "Templates::Common::Header::Navbar::CurrentJournal" hook to get the job done.

The problem is that my added menu item only shows up on the "Plugin Management" page </index.php/test/manager/plugins>, or (rather curiously) the list of generic plugins </index.php/test/manager/plugins/generic>.

It doesn't show on any other journal page.

I've stripped everything else out of the plugin in an attempt to figure out what's going wrong, but haven't made much progress. Can anyone give me some tips on what I might be doing wrong? I've attached the nav link code i'm using in a dummy plugin for reference; it's so simple I'm really not sure what could go wrong

I've had a look at some existing generic plugins (thesis abstracts, books for review) and I can't see anything different in them...
Attachments
steve-ojs-plugin.tar.gz
dummy plugin with navbar
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
smcphill

Re: OJS 2.3.5 generic plugin: NavBar hook problem

Postby smcphill » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

I'll keep this for other fools who make the same mistake I did :)

pro tip: run
Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
after copying a plugin into the plugin dir. Or use the install page (which i guess does the same thing)
smcphill

Re: OJS 2.3.5 generic plugin: NavBar hook problem

Postby ashahid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 am

Hi Everyone!

I am newbie to OJS plugin development;

I have added a link in header menu using a plugin. The problem I am facing is that I can see the link in menu items when I am on System Plugin page but cannot see that item when I am on user home or somewhere else.

Dear smcphil, I tried your solution, It worked on my local machine but on live it did not. I have executed the script with the help of cron job but no luck.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks,
Shahid
ashahid

Return to OJS Development