OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem accessing Scholartime

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem accessing Scholartime

Postby colliver » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

As a low-tech professional association, we have been happily using ScholarTime, a Toronto-based service that managed OJS on their site, for two years. But now we can't get access to the journal and are not getting replies to our emails. Has anyone using ScholarTime had similar problems?
colliver

Re: Problem accessing Scholartime

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi colliver,

Unfortunately we don't have any direct contact with them beyond what you see on the forum here. They occasionally post under the "scholartime" account. Looking up the scholartime.com domain name indicates that they are affiliated with http://www.ccsenet.org/web/; you might have better luck contacting them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby colliver » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks for the link. Scholartime have now replied to my increasingly anxious emails with the news that they have closed, as of End of February 2013. :evil: They say they posted news of their impending closure some months ago, but I was not informed by email, and I don't visit their site.

So my request now is for other OJS service providers. With our next journal edition pending, I look forward to suggestions!
colliver

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi colliver,

I'd suggest poking around http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewforum.php?f=12; of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't throw PKP's hat in the ring.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby colliver » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Alec

I did look around, and I ended up back at PKP. Put in a request for assistance to move our Journal from Scholartime, and I've been thrilled with the response - prompt and got the job done. Thanks for being there when we needed help.

Ross
colliver

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Ross,

Thanks, very glad to hear it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion