OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Moving OCS-Database

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Moving OCS-Database

Postby pilone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I just tried to move my OCS-Installation from one Server to another. My strategy was: 1. move all the files as they are, 2. reconfigure config-file and 3. export and import Database to the new Server.

Now what I get, every time I try to load the side on the new Server ist "DB Error: Duplicate entry 'someverylongstringmumbojumbo' for key 'sessions_pkey'".

I already found out, that there is a file called commons.xml where is said, that this should be unique. I'm not sure if I should hotfix this by just commenting that out. Does anyone have an idea what the technical reason for this error is and how I can fix it? Can i just empty the table "sessions"? I tried deleting the entry where "seesion_id" is 'someverylongstringmumbojumbo', which makes the site visible for one time. After that, the error is back and it seems like the session_id used this time is exactly the same as before.

Hope someone can help me. If you need any more clues, I will deliver. But at the moment I don't know exactly what would be useful.

Best Regards,
Stephan
pilone

Re: Moving OCS-Database

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Stephan,

See e.g. http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9659 and the linked bug entry.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Moving OCS-Database

Postby pilone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:10 am

Hi Alec,

I deleted the old content of the table and raised the maximum length of session_id to 80. Seems to have done the job.

Thanks,
Stephan
pilone

Return to OCS Technical Support