OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Use a static html page for the "About" section?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Use a static html page for the "About" section?

Postby geirrosset » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 am

I would like to use a static html page as the "About" page for my journals. Can it be done? The automatically generated "About" page requires us to enter a lot of information that our journals do not have. It also requires us to enter and create users for all the editors and editorial board members who will then receive an email that they do not understand and will create a lot of user support on our end. None of our editors or authors use OJS for submitting articles or for the editorial process. All we use it for is to publish the finished articles. We are shooting sparrows with a cannon so to speak. I wish I had "OJS Lite" with just the article publishing, but I have not been able to find such a system.

Sincerely
Geir Rosset
Novus Press
Oslo
Norway
geirrosset

Re: Use a static html page for the "About" section?

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Geir,

If you'd like to use a static page for your About content, just replace templates/about/index.tpl with your static content.

Cheers,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby geirrosset » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 am

Hmmm. This will give all our journals the same "About" page. I need to use a different static page for each journal. Can it be done?

Regards
Geir
geirrosset

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:03 am

In that case, you can use the Static Pages plugin and create your new About page that way. You'd probably have to remove the existing navigation link for the regular About page in order to keep it from showing, but you'd then have dedicated About pages for each journal.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support