OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Table of Contents links

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Table of Contents links

Postby Imjit » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:50 am

I've tried to link my table of contents to 3 formats: abstract/html/pdf as displayed on this site: http://www.math.washington.edu/~ejpecp/index.php

On the section management page:

In the Table of Contents, items published in this section should (choose one)...

1. Link directly to full-text file formats (HTML, PDF, and/or PostScript).
2. Link to "abstract page" with title, authors, abstract, Research Support Tool (optional), and links to full-text file formats.

When I choosed no.1, there was no abstract, if no.2, only abstract displayed. Please advise, thank you.
Imjit

Postby kevin » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:05 pm

The behaviour you observed is correct.

The site you linked to likely made some customizations to change this behaviour.
kevin

Re: Table of Contents links

Postby jkeisers » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:31 pm

Imjit wrote:I've tried to link my table of contents to 3 formats: abstract/html/pdf as displayed on this site: http://www.math.washington.edu/~ejpecp/index.php

On the section management page:

In the Table of Contents, items published in this section should (choose one)...

1. Link directly to full-text file formats (HTML, PDF, and/or PostScript).
2. Link to "abstract page" with title, authors, abstract, Research Support Tool (optional), and links to full-text file formats.

When I choosed no.1, there was no abstract, if no.2, only abstract displayed. Please advise, thank you.

It is an easy thing to do, but you'll have to modify some of the code:

* Load viewissue.php in a text editor

* Go to line 214 and look for this piece of code:

} else {
// Abstract link
echo "<a href=\"viewarticle.php?id=$nArticleID&amp;layout=abstract\">"._tr('ABSTRACT')."</a>";
}

* Change it to:

} //else {
// Abstract link
echo " | <a href=\"viewarticle.php?id=$nArticleID&amp;layout=abstract\">"._tr('ABSTRACT')."</a>";
//}

That's it. Do not forget to make a backup in case things go wrong.
jkeisers

Postby Imjit » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:12 am

Thank you so much
Imjit

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion