OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS <- Sword -> DSpace

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS <- Sword -> DSpace

Postby wtonribeiro » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 am

Hello,

I've just started to learn the SWORD protocol, but I need to configure a linux server running DSpace and OJS, with the SWORD working betwen them.
Could you help me? There is any especific tutorial that explains this experience?
wtonribeiro

Re: OJS <- Sword -> DSpace

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi wtonribeiro,

Can you clarify how far you've gotten? For example, do you already have working installations of OJS and DSpace and just need to get them to communicate via SWORD?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby wtonribeiro » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 am

Hello Alec Smecher,

I'm so glad for your help. I've already installed the DSpace and the OJS, but I think that I need to configure the DSpace SWORD server to comunicate with OJS as a client, and I don't now how I could do this.

Best wishes,
Washington Ribeiro
wtonribeiro

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Washington,

If DSpace's SWORD interface is enabled, then the next step is to configure OJS's SWORD plugin to contact it. See Journal Management > System Plugins > Generic Plugins; find the SWORD plugin; enable it and look at the configuration options.

You'll need to provide a URL to OJS's SWORD plugin that it can use to contact the DSpace installation; the specifics of that URL will depend on what kind of deposit point you're configuring. Look at the descriptions of the deposit point types for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby wtonribeiro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Alec Smecher,

Could you have any configuration example (the configuration file) of the DSpace SOWRD Server?

Regards,
Washington
wtonribeiro

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi Washington,

No, unfortunately; I can help you with the OJS side of this, but would probably not give good advice with respect to DSpace.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support