The PKP Development Team is pleased to announce the release of OJS 2.4.0.
OJS 2.4.0 is a development release, and includes many new features. These features include (but are not limited to):
* New translations (including Indonesian and Malayalam), and improvements to existing translations;
* New PDF view plugins;
* Lucene search functionality;
* Improved journal and site browsing options;
* Improved Public Identifier (URN, CrossRef) support;
* Finer-grained article view statistics;
* ... and more.
Please note that some translations that were complete in previous releases are not fully updated for 2.4.0. These include French and Spanish. We intend to make complete versions of these translations available as soon as they are complete.
This release of OJS drops compatibility for PHP 4.x. PHP 5.0 or newer will now be required for future releases.
For complete release notes, see http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/RELEASE-2.4.0
. OJS 2.4 can be downloaded at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_download
Many thanks to the various contributors who made this release possible.