OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Journal section deleted: title of an article still there

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Journal section deleted: title of an article still there

Postby fabrcop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 am

Hello,

I have deleted a "journal section", that included only one article.
The result is that the title of the article is still in the Table of Contents of the current issue (volume) while the real content (pdf, abstract, etc.) is not, and give an error if accessed.

How can I completely delete the article and then upload it again?
Or what else can I do?

Thanks

Fabrizio
Italy
fabrcop
http://www.scientiajournal.org
fabrcop

Re: Journal section deleted: title of an article still there

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 am

Hi Fabrizio,

I suspect you have a database inconsistency. Find the section ID of the section you want to put the article into (e.g. by looking at the end of the URL when editing the section as Journal Manager); find out the ID of the article you want to move into that section (e.g. by looking at the end of the URL when viewing the article's submission page as Editor); then run the following SQL:
Code: Select all
UPDATE articles SET section_id=[section ID here] WHERE article_id = [article ID here];
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Journal section deleted: title of an article still there

Postby fabrcop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Alec,
thanks for your answer.
In the meanwhile I have just created a new article with the same content, and rejected the previous one (even if it was already published) and deleted it. So I solved the problem in this way.
Thank you, anyway.

Fabrizio
Italy
fabrcop
http://www.scientiajournal.org
fabrcop

Return to OJS Technical Support