OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Customising the subsequent review invitation email template

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Customising the subsequent review invitation email template

Postby garde » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 am

Hi

I am trying to customize the email template for reinviting a reviewer for a second review round
REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK_SUBSEQUENT

However, saving the custom email template fails (on first save, it is simply not being picked up because of the wrong key, on the second save, it then complains about a duplicate key).

It seems that the email_key is more than 30 characters long and is thus truncated to REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK_SUBSEQ

I think that the underlying problem is that in the following 3 tables
email_templates
email_templates_data
email_templates_default

the email_key is only 30 characters longs, whereas in
email_templates_default_data the email_key is 64 characters long?

I have for the moment changed the default email template in the database directly, but I suppose that the real solution for this problem is to set all 4 email_key fields to varchar(64) ?

Best regards
Sebastian
garde

Re: Customising the subsequent review invitation email templ

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 am

Hi Sebastian,

You're correct -- all 4 of those fields should be 64 characters in length. I've filed this as http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8135, but meanwhile, if you extend the length of those fields directly in the database you should be OK. No code changes are necessary.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support