OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] Registration not activated

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] Registration not activated

Postby pureenergycentre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Alec and all

I have an issue with registration. Please see the link below where you can visualise that my registration is not activated.

http://pureenergycentre.com/purehypothe ... gistration

The figure shows all of the different registration categories and their costings, but there is no way someone can select one category and pay the registration fee.

I have looked into your pdf manuals and help here, but did not find how to solve this. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong? Thank you.

The below URL taken from one of your websites conferences is exactly what I want to do. Using the below registration, one can select a registration fee and pay thereafter by subscribing / logging.

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp ... gistration

Thanks so much.
Last edited by pureenergycentre on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pureenergycentre

Re: Registration not activated

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:24 am

Hello All

I am sorry, but after reading many times this forum and the guide, I am not seeing what I have done wrong. Could you please help?

Thank you so much.

PS: I just need to find the way to allow people to select the appropriate fees and then pay the fees (they can register at the same time but do not need to go to a full paper submission process).
pureenergycentre

Postby chahor » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 am

Hi
Please check the date in the page: USER HOME->CONFERENCE MANAGER->Current Conferences-> Conference Timeline and Information,
in line: Author registration opened
Regards
Chahor
chahor

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 am

Hi Chahor

Under SUBMISSION I have set up the following:

Author registration opened to January 01, 2013

Author registration closed to May 31 2013
Call for Papers posted to January 01, 2013
Submissions accepted to April 30, 2013
Submissions closed to March 31, 2013

So this should work?
pureenergycentre

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 am

Hello

To be more precise, the radio buttons as shown at the below link (near the 300.00 USD)

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp ... gistration

are not showing on my screen (see below link and scroll down)

http://pureenergycentre.com/purehypothe ... gistration

How can I get these radio buttons to display for people to start registering and getting involved in the conference?

Thank you so much.
pureenergycentre

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 am

Hello all

I really need some help with this. I have cleared all of the issue I had apart from this one. Can you please help?

Thank you so much.
pureenergycentre

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 am

I would really appreciate some guidance please. I am sure there should something that can be done my issue. Any help, suggestion where to look would be welcome.

thank you.
pureenergycentre

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 am

Hi pureenergycentre,

Please be patient -- we are a small team. Re-posting your question every few hours will only clutter the forum. I suspect you haven't checked "Include Registration in Conference Information listing" on the Conference Manager's "Timeline" form. The page you're linking to is the "About" page, which only displays information about registration. The page you'll enable by checking that box is a different page, available from the conference's homepage, called "Registration".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pureenergycentre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Alec

Thank you so much for this. You were right again.

I clicked on the following:

1- Conference Manager
2- Under Current conferences I clicked on conference Timeline and information;
3- And under Website Posting I selected Include Supporters in Conference Information listing

Again Thank you so much and my apologies if I sounded impatient, but I could not find a solution, though I was sure it was an easy one.

Have a good day.
pureenergycentre

Return to OCS Technical Support