OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Suggestion: check box for file manager

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Suggestion: check box for file manager

Postby dudu » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 am

Hi all,
I had to delete many files by file manager recently. In the current state one has to delete each file one by one, which takes too much effort and time when the number of files to be deleted are huge in number (I had something like 600 folders created in testing process of article import.) I tried to use ftp to delete the files. However, it was not possible since the files were read only and a root account on server needed to delete the files from ftp. Luckily server admin helped me to delete these files.
To make deleting files easier for those who cannot access to root account of server, it would be very useful if we had check boxes near each file and an option such as "delete selected files". I don't know if it is possible but this would be a major improvement in file browser.
dudu

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:15 am

Hi Dudu,

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'd recommend deleting articles from the Editor's Archive rather than removing files by hand; this will automate much of the work you had to do manually.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development