OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PayPal Payments Not Being Recorded in OJS

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: PayPal Payments Not Being Recorded in OJS

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 am

Hi Zandria,

Hmm -- to summarize, it sounds like we've established that PayPal requests are coming in to OJS, but OJS is not flagging payments as completed. There are basically two situations in which this would occur: OJS is encountering a fatal error (which should be in the error logs), or OJS is encountering an inconsistency in the payments, which should result in an email. I can't think off the top of my head of a situation in which neither of those is happening, but in any case, the next thing I would do if I were debugging this is to start modifying the PayPal plugin to log more data when a request comes in, by using PHP's error_log function. That would help to narrow down what's happening to the IPN requests.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support