OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Conference fees for attendees

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Conference fees for attendees

Postby pureenergycentre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

Hello All

Can you please help me with the below. This is what I am trying to do;

1- I would like to set a conference fee payment for attendees to a conference.

This is what I have done:

1- I have already set up a fee for people who are publishing papers. So these people can pay their fees when they finalise their submission and this is working fine.

The problem

1- I have created a subscription for conference attendees. These attendees are of different type as they will not submit paper publications but just attend the conference. So they cannot access the payment method as used by people submitting papers.
2- So, I have filled the registration policies etc.
3- Now I want people attending the conference (not publishing), to pay their fees for the conference. Where do I set up this feature?

From what I understand, I need to subscribe by hand each person to this new subscription. Is their anyway the people who logg can chose just to pay the fees for the conference without me having to each time to add them manually?

Please help.
pureenergycentre

Re: Conference fees for attendees

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 am

Hi pureenergycentre,

You've posted this in the OJS Technical Support forum; could you post it in the OCS Technical Support forum instead?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pureenergycentre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 am

Hi Alex

I am sorry but I have used OJS all along. Do I have to start from scratch and use OCS?

Thanks
pureenergycentre

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 am

Hi pureenergycentre,

Hmm, you're using OJS to solicit and manage papers for a conference? Have you looked at OCS? It's a much more relevant application. But yes, you'd have to start again using OCS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby pureenergycentre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 am

Nightmare scenario after all of the hardwork.
pureenergycentre

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am

Hi pureenergycentre,

I understand -- and you may well be able to get OJS to meet your needs -- but OJS is intended for journal publishing, and OCS is intended for conference management.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support