OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

pay per issue

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

pay per issue

Postby MarieNyst » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi,

we would like to let users purchase a whole issue rather than an article. Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks,

Marie
MarieNyst

Re: pay per issue

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Marie,

Yes -- the 2.4.x line of releases supports "issue galleys", where you can upload a PDF for an entire issue. If you're using OJS 2.3.x, you'll need to upgrade first.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby MarieNyst » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Alec,

Thanks,
We use OJS 2.4.*

I've found how to activate this (payment>reader fees>Purchase Issue), I hadn't see it before, because the french translation isn't complete.
But I can't find where the user have to go to buy the issue :?

Regards,
Marie
MarieNyst

Postby michael » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Marie,

Once you upload your issue galleys and publish the issue, there will appear a "Full Issue" section above the table of contents with links to issue galleys available to readers.

If a reader clicks on an issue galley link, but does not have a subscription, they will be taken to the purchase issue page where they can pay for the issue (similar to purchase article process).

Please ensure that you've enabled the following setting in Setup => 4. Management:
[x] Always show galley links and indicate restricted access.

This will ensure that there are links for issue and article galleys for readers on the main table of contents page.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby MarieNyst » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Michael,

thanks, I was looking for a place like the subscription page. I wouldn't have found it without you :o

But there's still a little problem... I've set a price to issues, but everyone can access the pdf. If I create a new user, he can download the file without any payment :?

thanks,
Marie
MarieNyst

Postby michael » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 am

Hi Marie,

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to set the access status for the issue to subscription-only: as Editor, go to the Issue Data page for the issue to set it.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby MarieNyst » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 am

Oh thank you for your help, it works :D
Problem solved ^^

Marie
MarieNyst

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion