OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submission Assignment

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Submission Assignment

Postby metricgravity » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 am

Hi.

I am the website manager for an OJS journal. Papers submitted to the journal go into five categories: Unassigned, In Review, In Editing and Active.

The journal I am managing is not quite ready for public use, and I have been making test submissions. I discovered that new submissions are automatically put into the category, "In Review". The chief editor wants new submissions to go into the category, "Unassigned". I believe this is appropriate for the initial category. An older version of the journal which also is on OJS automatically puts new submissions in "Unassigned".

I have not been able to reset the initial category for submissions on the new version of the journal to "Unassigned". Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you,
metricgravity
metricgravity

Re: Submission Assignment

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:08 am

Hi metricgravity,

If there's only a single editor for that section, then the editor will automatically be assigned. On the submission's Summary page, you can remove all editor assignments and the submission will revert to Unassigned.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Submission Assignment

Postby metricgravity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Thank you, Alec.

That resolves the problem.

Best Regards,
metricgravity
metricgravity

Return to OJS Technical Support