OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with Multilang, OJS 2.3.7.0

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Problems with Multilang, OJS 2.3.7.0

Postby Garant » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 am

oops, sorry!
The result:
Code: Select all
journal_id    locale      setting_name                               setting_value      setting_type
1                          supportedLocales                       a:1:{i:0;s:5:"en_US";}   object
1                             supportedFormLocales               a:1:{i:0;s:5:"en_US";}   object
1                          supportedSubmissionLocales       a:1:{i:0;s:5:"en_US";}   object
Garant

Postby Garant » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 am

Hi!
Thank you for support!
I've fixed the problem!
Garant

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 am

Hi Garant,

Mind posting what your solution was?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Garant » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am

Hi!
I've asked server administrator to recheck server setting and make fresh install of OJS.
After it everything working fine :)
So I'm not sure what caused the problem but it was on our side.
Thank you for quick support!
Garant

Postby ramon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 am

Hello all,

I couldn't find anything remotely related to my current predicament, so I add it to this post (which does not provide a solution!!).

A journal requesting our support is also running into this issue.
The language block only shows in some of the administration pages, mainly the configuration ones.
Any other page, the block is not displayed (public pages or not).

Is this a database-related issue?
Is it a cache/permissions issue?
Is it a possible template/CSS/source code modification issue?

What are the symptoms for each type of situation, if any have differences?

I don't have access to it the database, but have the admin access:
PHP : 5.2.6-1+lenny16
Apache: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny16 with Suhosin-Patch
MySQL: 5.0.51a-24+lenny5

What is the expected result from the query Alec provided (? The only multilingual journal has English and Portuguese enabled for all options (forms, interface, submissions).
Has anything changed from the way OxS handles languages ? it used to display the interface in the selected language and the translation/original/none if no translation was available.

This is what I get from a local 2.3.7 with English + Porguese (PHP Array Export from PHPMyAdmin):
Code: Select all
// teste_v2370_sb.journal_settings
$journal_settings = array(
  array('journal_id'=>'1','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedLocales','setting_value'=>'a:2:{i:0;s:5:"en_US";i:1;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'1','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedFormLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'1','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedSubmissionLocales','setting_value'=>'a:2:{i:0;s:5:"en_US";i:1;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'3','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'3','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedFormLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'3','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedSubmissionLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'4','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'4','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedFormLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'4','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedSubmissionLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'5','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'5','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedFormLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'5','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedSubmissionLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'6','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'6','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedFormLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object'),
  array('journal_id'=>'6','locale'=>'','setting_name'=>'supportedSubmissionLocales','setting_value'=>'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}','setting_type'=>'object')
);

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby Garant » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

Hi!
Have you enabled languages in Journal manager -> Languages menu?
Garant

Postby Garant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 am

Hi all!
At this moment we need to make a URL redirection depending of language.
For example journal.site.com must redirect to ojs.site.com
journale.site.com must also redirect to ojs.site.com but with already selected not default locale. At this moment we have 2 locales installed.
As I see switching the locale doesn't affect current URL. How this could be done? How locale switching could be traced?
Thank you!
Garant

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 am

Hi Garant,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3799#p14551 for some discussion on setting the locale with a link.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Garant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 am

Hi, asmecher!
Thank you!
Garant

Postby ramon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 am

Garant wrote:Hi!
Have you enabled languages in Journal manager -> Languages menu?

Ramon wrote:The only multilingual journal has English and Portuguese enabled for all options (forms, interface, submissions).

For these to show up, multiple languages need to be added by the admin, which they are.
The language selector displays in the Journal Configuration steps, but not on any other page.
I added English to one of the configuration pages, assuming it would have an impact, but no.
Could this be related to user language options, meaning, the user needs to choose multiple languages as well, otherwise OJS only shows the user's native/selected language?

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Ramón,

Two quick thoughts come to mind:
  • Is there a permissions problem in cache/? Try deleting all .php files there and making sure the directory permissions are set such that they can be re-generated.
  • Is the language selector plugin registered in the DB? Check to see if it's present in the versions table. If it's not, you probably have an incompletely upgraded system.
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Garant » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 am

Hi!
Don't want to create another thread. I've found a small bug running multi journal configuration.
For example journal A supports 4 languages and journal B - 2.
When user proceeds to registration form in journal B he will disclose all 4 possible languages and +2 (the all supportable languages by A journal and +2 by B, if they are different) in "Working Languages" section when journal supports only 2.
So it shouldn't be in that way...
Garant

Postby Garant » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 am

Hi!
I have found one additional small bug: Setup->details-> 1.2 Principal Contact doesn't have multilanguage support, the fields aren't translatable.
Garant

Postby Garant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am

Garant wrote:Hi!
I have found one additional small bug: Setup->details-> 1.2 Principal Contact doesn't have multilanguage support, the fields aren't translatable.

Hi!
Should I post this bug to the bug tracker? It also concerns 2.4.2 version
Garant

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Garant,

The user's title, affiliation, and mailing address are multilingual, but not the name, email, or phone numbers. Are you looking for a way to enter a different contact for each language, or do you need the name itself to be multilingual (e.g. for Chinese and English names)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

PreviousNext

Return to OJS Technical Support