OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installing OMP from git

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Installing OMP from git

Postby nahuel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install OMP via the git repository. I cloned the omp repository, and set the submodule for lib-pkp.
I gave the good rights to the folders that are needed, and then I went to the virtual host with my browser, in order to install OMP via the web UI, but OMP show the error:
"Cannot read configuration file /www/omp/config.inc.php"
And I cannot understand why, because the file never existed, and should be created by the installer.

Does anyone have an idea of my problem?
As I think, there is no problem with rights, even if I gave all rights to Apache web server, nothing change…
I tryied to go to the /index.php/index/install page, and doesn't change anything…

Any idea?

Thanks,
nahuel

Re: Installing OMP from git

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

Hi nahuel,

The package build script (tools/buildpkg.sh) performs a few transformations to the git checkout before wrapping it up as a tarball. One of those is to copy config.TEMPLATE.inc.php to config.inc.php; that step is missing in your checkout.

Note that the git master is currently under active development and may not be stable.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nahuel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 am

Hi,

Ok, thanks, but the buildpkg.sh builds a tgz archive, I want to have my root as the git repository, to be able to upgrade easily and make local patches.
I know this version is under active development and the risks, this is just a test installation, to see if we can use it.

So, how can I do?
I create the tgz with the buildpkg, then install omp using it, and then move only the config.inc.php to my git clone?

Thanks for your answer and help.
nahuel

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hi nahuel,

To use a git checkout directly, copy config.TEMPLATE.inc.php to config.inc.php and you should be able to proceed. See also http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/HOW-TO_check_out_PKP_applications_from_git.

If you just want to assess OMP but want to use a git checkout, I suggest using the omp-stable-1_0 branch rather than master. It will be much more stable. (This branch will soon be released as OMP 1.0.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nahuel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 am

Ok! Great, it worked !
It just need to have an sample config file as config.inc.php, and then it launches the installer, that was the information missing.

Thank you for your help, OMP is now installed and working.
nahuel

Postby nahuel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 am

Well, FYI:
Notice: Use of undefined constant ASSOC_TYPE_SUBMISSION - assumed 'ASSOC_TYPE_SUBMISSION' in /www/omp/classes/core/Application.inc.php on line 23

And then I have this error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method BrowseBlockPlugin::getRequest() in /www/omp/plugins/blocks/browse/BrowseBlockPlugin.inc.php
nahuel

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am

Hi nahuel,

What branch are you using? If master, I'd suggest using omp-stable-1_0. Make sure you're using the same branch name for the submodule as well. If you do decide to continue with master, make sure you have the most recent checkout of master rather than the one referred to by the omp hash.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nahuel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 am

I used the stable branch, but not for the pkp submodule. I changed it, and now it works well.
Thanks for your help!
nahuel

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am

Hi nahuel,

Great, thanks for following up.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support