OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem about Manual Payment Notification

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem about Manual Payment Notification

Postby Joesitou » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:24 am

Dear everybody,

I build a OJS in version 2.3.7, everything work fine. I enable the payment and subscription function.
The problem is, if a reader want to subscribe article, he click "Purchase New Subscription", choose the suitable subscription type, complete the manual payment and click "Send notification of payment" to send notification to subscription manager.

but the subscription manager how will be informed, we just find a user in "awaiting manual payment" list. it seems no any notification.

Best Regards and hope every expert to help me,
Joesitou
Joesitou

Re: Problem about Manual Payment Notification

Postby ramon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 am

Hello Joesitou,

If I remember correctly, you need to assign a Subscription Manager, who will be responsible for overseeing the subscriptions.
Did you assign someone to that role?

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby michael » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Joesitou and Ramon,

Currently all of the email notifications for manual payments will be sent to the journal's primary contact, as defined in Setup, Step 1.

If you're using an online payment method (e.g. PayPal) then subscription purchase and renewal notifications can be (optionally) sent to the Subscription Manager by enabling the corresponding settings under Subscription Policies.

However, it would be good to separate out the subscription notification emails so that the behaviour is similar across both payment methods. I've filed this as a future enhancement for OJS here.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby Joesitou » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank Michael and Ramon,
Hope this problem can be fixed soon.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Joesitou
Joesitou

Return to OJS Technical Support