OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help implementing multilanguage suport

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Help implementing multilanguage suport

Postby juli » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 am

Hi all!

I need support for translating a custom block. This block may have a translation working like a static page, detecting the current display language by context and displaying the correct strings.

I thought that this option is not implemented and I'm looking to implement it.

I would like to know where I can find some documentation about the multilanguage api and methods works and should be implemented. If this that not exist some reference to some code or any example will be useful.

thanks.
juli

Re: Help implementing multilanguage suport

Postby ramon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:07 am

Hello juli,

If I understood well, what you want is to use the Custom Block Manager plugin to create blocks of content, but the content of the custom blocks is not multilingual (which I believe it should!).
There's already a a BUG filed in Bugzilla, so they can think of a solution for this.
This would be a very nice feature indeed.

If you're in a hurry, here's a workaround.

I'd suggest creating your own Block plugin, instead of using the Custom Block manager, as this will allow translation of its content, if it's not that complicated.
Check the code of those types of plugins and see if one of them helps you create what you need.

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support