OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

ISP Upgrading Issue

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

ISP Upgrading Issue

Postby aseidman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

My ISP has been trying to upgrade me from OJS 2.2.3.0

We tried all kind of upgrades includes installing patches but after upgrade OJS refuses to start with following error

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cscsr/public_html/jcsr/classes/core/Request.inc.php:102) in /home/cscsr/public_html/jcsr/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 57

Can anyone help?
aseidman

Re: ISP Upgrading Issue

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi aseidman,

What is line 102 of classes/core/Request.inc.php? (What version is the code you currently have installed?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby aseidman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:07 pm

I have no idea that is why I asked my ISP to install. I have version 2.2.3.0 installed 5/31/2009

If you like I can give you their email address with my ticket #

See below you have my permission to contact them. I need to upgrade since my version seems to be getting unstable, stats for users don't update.

Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:33 PM
To: Alan Seidman
Subject: [Ticket ID: 478445] ojs update for www.cscsr.org [MERGED]

yes, We tried all kind of upgrades includes installing patches but after upgrade OJS refuses to start with following error

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cscsr/public_html/jcsr/classes/core/Request.inc.php:102) in /home/cscsr/public_html/jcsr/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 57

Regards,
Max Berry.
CPHosting.com™ Team.
aseidman

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Alan,

If someone from your ISP is able to follow up with us here, I can possibly help them out. This thread doesn't yet give me enough information to know what they've done so far, and our free support doesn't generally extend beyond this message board.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby aseidman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 am

My ISP is willing to work with you. Can you PM your email so they can contact you?
Alan
aseidman

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Alan,

Sorry, I can't work one-on-one to provide free support. Our goal here is to build up a knowledge base for the community, which we can't do if we move off of this bulletin board. PKP does provide consulting services if this venue isn't workable.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support