OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to modify styles,layouts and themes

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

How to modify styles,layouts and themes

Postby thanasis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 am

Hi all,

I am interested in modifying the layout of omp,as well the theme and styles (if possible).I know that i can upload new style sheets from the management->settings->website->appearance tab.I would like to know if there is a way to modify the current layout, without having to start from scratch.I tried to locate the css and less files to make changes but they seem to be all over the place and i am lost.
Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Thanasis Kordas
University of Patras
thanasis

Re: How to modify styles,layouts and themes

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 am

Hi Thanasis,

There are two general areas for style modifications. Things that apply to PKP projects as a whole (grid structures, forms, etc) are over in lib/pkp/styles. Things that are OMP-specific (OMP pages, the catalog, etc) are in the base omp directory, in styles/. We've switched to using Less files and compiling them to the compiled.css file that shows up in the base styles/ directory. This makes the code a bit more manageable. You can get more info about less files here:

http://lesscss.org/

if you modify the .less files, you can rebuild them by running

Code: Select all
php tools/buildCss.php

from the lib/pkp directory. This will automatically replace the compiled.css file.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OMP Discussion