OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

URGENT - DB Error: Column 'file_id' cannot be null

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

URGENT - DB Error: Column 'file_id' cannot be null

Postby miguelbraga » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 am

Dear OJS Support,

I've came across the following error after trying to uoload a file under LAYOUT > GALLEY:
"DB Error: Column 'file_id' cannot be null"
I'm using the latest stable version, OJS 2.3.8.0, but it happened under 2.3.7.0.
Is this error being generated by ArticleGalleyForm.inc.php??
Please help me out, this is a very important, worldwide, OJS website and we need to have this fixed ASAP.

Best regards,
Miguel
miguelbraga

Re: URGENT - DB Error: Column 'file_id' cannot be null

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Miguel,

I haven't heard of that problem before. Have you upgraded recently? Are you working from a stock version of OJS? I'm not quite sure I understand whether this is happening in two different versions of OJS, or the same version that was upgraded.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby miguelbraga » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 am

Hi James,

I have upgraded recently, 2 weeks ago to be precise, from OJS version 2.2.1 to 2.3.7.
I can give you the admin account and FTP access if you need to see it for yourself.

mod_security is also reporting the following:
[Sun Oct 28 12:22:35 2012] [error] [client 188.80.160.43] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx (^application/x-www-form-
urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;|^text/xml).*$" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:Content-Type" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "13"] [id "90001"] [hostname "www.iseki-food-ejournal.com"] [uri "/ojs/index.php/e-journal/editor/moveIssue"] [unique_id "UI0ji0@Psw4ABwlIrVsAAAAA"]
[Sun Oct 28 12:22:41 2012] [error] [client 188.80.160.43] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx (^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;|^text/xml).*$" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:Content-Type" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "13"] [id "90001"] [hostname "www.iseki-food-ejournal.com"] [uri "/ojs/index.php/e-journal/editor/moveIssue"] [unique_id "UI0jkU@Psw4ABwllsTYAAAAI"]
[Sun Oct 28 12:24:11 2012] [error] [client 188.80.160.43] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx (^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;|^text/xml).*$" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:Content-Type" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "13"] [id "90001"] [hostname "www.iseki-food-ejournal.com"] [uri "/ojs/index.php/e-journal/editor/moveIssue"] [unique_id "UI0j60@Psw4ABwp5yjYAAAAd"]
[Sun Oct 28 12:24:47 2012] [error] [client 188.80.160.43] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx (^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;|^text/xml).*$" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:Content-Type" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "13"] [id "90001"] [hostname "www.iseki-food-ejournal.com"] [uri "/ojs/index.php/e-journal/editor/moveArticleToc"] [unique_id "UI0kD0@Psw4ABxBF7l8AAAAc"]
[Sun Oct 28 12:25:29 2012] [error] [client 188.80.160.43] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Match of "rx (^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;|^text/xml).*$" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:Content-Type" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "13"] [id "90001"] [hostname "www.iseki-food-ejournal.com"] [uri "/ojs/index.php/e-journal/editor/moveArticleToc"] [unique_id "UI0kOU@Psw4ABxGL9MMAAAAF"]

Regards,
Miguel
miguelbraga

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Miguel,

Apologies for not following up earlier. What kind of file are you trying to upload, and are you running into problems with all/any file upload types? Any chance that you are using the XML Galleys plugin?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby miguelbraga » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 am

Hi James,

I was trying to upload a small pdf file. This only happens under LAYOUT > GALLEY.
I'n not using the XML Galleys Plugin, it's disabled. Should i enable it?
There's been also some security issues, mod_security is also reporting the code I've pasted in my last post.

Thanks for your help,
Miguel
miguelbraga

Return to OJS Technical Support