OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

HOW TO Published Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and Guide

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

HOW TO Published Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and Guide

Postby darryl » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi to all OJS members!

Can I ask your help about this my concern? I am newbie in OJS development, but because of my interest I created a 3 website with the OJS for publication of the Journals.

http://asianscientificjournals.com/publication/
http://iamure.ph/publication/

Here is the help that I need to know or How to?

How to Published Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and Guide for Authors in the same page of the table of contents

One of my friend a formerly employee in one of Publishing Company that used a OJS System. I asked her help, she give me some instructions.

her is the Instruction:
she told me, to look up the PRELIMINARY PAGES OPTION on OJS to put the editorial,editorial policy and guide for for authors.

I will be attached the image file, that I need to copy the style,
the image attached file is from C&E Publishing, E-Journals that our Journals are published there.
the sample image attached is our Advancing of Information Technology Research.

My Boss require me to put the 3 important of the Journals in the website. can anyone help me?
Attachments
sample-asj.png
Our Publication Page That no Preliminary Pages. Like the ejournals page.
sample-asj.png (100.65 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
aitrvolume2.png
http://ejournals.ph/index.php?journal=AITR
aitrvolume2.png (45.66 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
darryl

Re: HOW TO Published Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and G

Postby springday » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:47 am

Hi Darryl,

I think there is no built-in option in OJS that allows you to display this information on the table of contents page of a journal. The easiest way to modify this might be to provide links to those section in the table of contents page. This can be achieved by editing the template a bit:

In the very end of the file /templates/issue/issue.tpl you could add the links with the following lines

Code: Select all
<div class="separator"></div>
<div><a href="{url page="about" op="editorialTeam"}">{translate key="about.editorialTeam"}</a></div>
<div><a href="{url page="about" op="editorialPolicies"}">{translate key="about.editorialPolicies"}</a></div>
<div><a href="{url page="about" op="submissions" anchor="authorGuidelines"}">{translate key="about.authorGuidelines"}</a></div>

I have attached an image of how this modification might look like. Is that what you had in mind or did I misunderstand your question?

Cheers,
Kai Weber
Attachments
TOC.PNG
A sample issue TOC with links to editorial board, editorial policies and author guidelines
TOC.PNG (49.19 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
springday

Postby darryl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi Kai,

Thank you for your response, i tried your code, it's good. but my need is the same in the http://ejournals.ph/index.php?journal=AITR in this link, if click the Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and Guide for Authors will be redirected in the same of the abstracts content. example if u click in one article in the table of contents well go to another pages. I want the same style of E-Journals.

I want to look up the preliminary pages option. i will always try the instructions but i can't understand how?

somebody told me, that the preliminary pages well be saw in the Editor side, but when i tried to check i did not see the preliminary page, back matter and full text, and familiar also the assignor/unassigned the submission..
darryl

Postby springday » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Darryl,

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Your "Preliminary Pages" are just one "section" of your journal, right? In your page http://ejournals.ph/index.php?journal=AITR you list the "Editorial Board" and "Editorial Policy" as if they were articles. I have not tried that myself, to incorporate links to those pages from the sections part of a journal's table of contents. I'll think about it and if I have some idea, I'll let you know.

Greetings,
Kai
springday

Postby darryl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am

springday wrote:Hi Darryl,

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Your "Preliminary Pages" are just one "section" of your journal, right? In your page http://ejournals.ph/index.php?journal=AITR you list the "Editorial Board" and "Editorial Policy" as if they were articles. I have not tried that myself, to incorporate links to those pages from the sections part of a journal's table of contents. I'll think about it and if I have some idea, I'll let you know.

Greetings,
Kai

Hi Kai,

thanks for response.. Yes your correct "Preliminary Page" is one Sections.

Now, I'm happy because I Solve the Problem, because the Help of other fiends know in OJS system they give me an Idea, and you also help me KAI, Because you give me some of Idea too..

Please check the link below.

http://asianscientificjournals.com/publication/index.php/page_ajob/index here is the link.

Here is a Step:

If you familiar in Journal Sections.

Create a Sections for two like.

Preliminary Pages( it depend upon you what title you input)
***check all boxes except the two below.
- Items can only be submitted by Editors and Section Editors.
- Omit the title of this section from issues' table of contents

Articles
- unchecked all check box

if you submit a Editorial Board, Editorial Policy and Guide for Authors.

Step 1. Select "Preliminary Pages"
Step 2. Upload a Pdf file of Editorial Board.
Step 3. Put the asterisk for the name of authors.(first name,last name and also put the emails for necessary in formation)
- title (editorial Board), abstract content (Editorial board name)
Step 4-Active submission.

for the review..

Record submission or go to Editing and assign what volume , do you want to show this pages.

This is a simple way of discovery that I like.. hope u like this..

Thanks,
Darryl
darryl

Postby springday » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Darryl,

thanks for posting your steps, that would probably help some people with similar wishes. One question: This means you have to upload the editorial board files for every issue, right?

Cheers,
Kai
springday

Postby darryl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

springday wrote:Hi Darryl,

thanks for posting your steps, that would probably help some people with similar wishes. One question: This means you have to upload the editorial board files for every issue, right?

Cheers,
Kai

Yes, Kai..
darryl

Return to OJS Technical Support