OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Title links

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Title links

Postby harpe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Dear all,
something strange is happening with my journal - all title->abstracts links lead to one article, for example:

http://ozk.unizd.hr/libellarium/index.p ... cle/view/2
http://ozk.unizd.hr/libellarium/index.p ... le/view/39
http://ozk.unizd.hr/libellarium/index.p ... le/view/40
http://ozk.unizd.hr/libellarium/index.p ... le/view/41
etc.
If anyone knows a solution I would be extremely grateful.
harpe

Re: Title links

Postby springday » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi harpe,

that looks really strange. Did you make any modifications recently? For example, did you modify the file /templates/article/article.tpl? Did this occur after you have upgraded your OJS version?

Regards,
Kai
springday

Postby harpe » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Kai,
this is really strange because I haven't made any changes to article.tpl. This happened after a recent upgrade. I have really no idea what went wrong because the final system message was positive.
Thanks,
Franjo
harpe

Postby harpe » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Is there a way to remove article title links? For the moment this would be better than wrong linkages.
harpe

Postby springday » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 am

Hi Franjo,

under normal circumstances the links to the articles should look like this:

1)
OJS-URL/index.php/{journal-path}/article/{view}/{article-id}/{file-id}

There is an alternative possibility if you have so-called "publisher-ids" for every article in your database. In that case the links should look like this:

2)
OJS-URL/index.php/{journal-path}/article/{view}/{publisher-id}/{file-id}

I have still no idea how things could get garbled like in your case, but I think during the upgrade to OJS versions 2.4.X there are some changes made in the database concerning the handling of those publisher-ids. So maybe it's worth having a look at that. Do you have access to the MySQL database behind your OJS installation? Can you run the following query and check, if there are too many articles with the same publisher-id? You will have to look out for lots of "7"s there. You could try to find some unusual / corrupt data in the database with the following query:

Code: Select all
SELECT a.article_id, a.status, ag.galley_id, ag.file_id as galley_file_id, af.file_id as files_file_id, af.file_name, af.original_file_name, aset.setting_name, aset.setting_value
FROM articles a
INNER JOIN article_galleys ag ON a.article_id = ag.article_id
INNER JOIN article_files af ON a.article_id = af.article_id
LEFT JOIN article_settings aset ON (a.article_id = aset.article_id AND setting_name LIKE "%pub-id%")

And for your question about disabling the links to the pdf files temporarily:
From the abstract pages you can remove those links by commenting out the part that displays the links to the pdfs. This is done with two little modifications in the file /templates/articles/article.tpl:

{*   {if $galleys}

(i.e. add a "{*" in the beginning of line 93 of this file), and:

{/if} *}

(i.e. add a "*}" in the end of line 116 of this file.

When your problem is solved you can remove those "{*" and "*}" marks again. Note that this will not remove the links from your issue overview pages. If you also want to remove the links from there, you would have to make similar modifications to the file /templates/issue/issue.tpl.

Best regards,
Kai
springday

Postby harpe » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 am

Dear Kai,

thank you very much for your kind help! At the end I've exported all articles and imported them into a clean OJS install. I lost a few hours more but now everything works nice and smoothly. Thank you again.

Best, Franjo
harpe

Postby springday » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 am

Hi Franjo,

probably that was the best choice. Glad to hear that your OJS installation is working normally again!

Greetings,
Kai
springday

Postby Roniyo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am

springday wrote:Hi Franjo,

under normal circumstances the links to the articles should look like this:

1)
OJS-URL/index.php/{journal-path}/article/{view}/{article-id}/{file-id}

There is an alternative possibility if you have so-called "publisher-ids" for every article in your database. In that case the links should look like this:

2)
OJS-URL/index.php/{journal-path}/article/{view}/{publisher-id}/{file-id}

I have still no idea how things could get garbled like in your case, but I think during the upgrade to OJS versions 2.4.X there are some changes made in the database concerning the handling of those publisher-ids. So maybe it's worth having a look at that. Do you have access to the MySQL database behind your OJS installation? Can you run the following query and check, if there are too many articles with the same publisher-id? You will have to look out for lots of "7"s there. You could try to find some unusual / corrupt data in the database with the following query:
site:
SELECT a.article_id, a.status, ag.galley_id, ag.file_id as galley_file_id, af.file_id as files_file_id, af.file_name, af.original_file_name, aset.setting_name, aset.setting_value
FROM articles a
INNER JOIN article_galleys ag ON a.article_id = ag.article_id
INNER JOIN article_files af ON a.article_id = af.article_id
LEFT JOIN article_settings aset ON (a.article_id = aset.article_id AND setting_name LIKE "%pub-id%")

And for your question about disabling the links to the pdf files temporarily:
From the abstract pages you can remove those links by commenting out the part that displays the links to the pdfs. This is done with two little modifications in the file /templates/articles/article.tpl:

{*   {if $galleys}

(i.e. add a "{*" in the beginning of line 93 of this file), and:

{/if} *}

(i.e. add a "*}" in the end of line 116 of this file.

When your problem is solved you can remove those "{*" and "*}" marks again. Note that this will not remove the links from your issue overview pages. If you also want to remove the links from there, you would have to make similar modifications to the file /templates/issue/issue.tpl.

Best regards,
Kai

Hello Kai,

I am having the same problem. If i want to comment out, do I put { follow by star character * or only { without a star? sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by Roniyo on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roniyo

Postby springday » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Roniyo,

in those Smarty templates, you comment something out with a bracket plus a star, so

{*

starts a comment section and

*} ends a comment section. If you want to know more about the syntax of the Smarty templates, you can find info, tutorials, references here: http://www.smarty.net/
springday

Return to OJS Technical Support