OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editing Layout & Look of the site

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editing Layout & Look of the site

Postby seunm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

hi :-) I noticed that the Blake Journal (http://blake.lib.rochester.edu/blakeojs/index.php/blake) uses a totally different layout for their ojs website. Namely the identical top and bottom menus. Lack of side menus. Search box next to the logo. Thumbnails shown on the 'Upcoming' etc.

What did they have to edit to achieve this look please?

I tried to edit the CSS files but could not find a place to change the location of page items.

I would be so grateful for any help.

Warm regards,

Seun
seunm

Re: Editing Layout & Look of the site

Postby springday » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

Hi Seun,

comparing the HTML source of the Blake journal's homepage and the OJS templates, I think they've changed the sequence of objects and introduced some new code through editing the templates.

The templates of OJS are written in the Smarty template language (you'll find info and tutorials here: http://www.smarty.net/). A template that is very significant for the ordering of header and sidebar content is located in /lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl. That would probably be a good starting point if you want to restructure your OJS site layout.

Greetings,
Kai
springday

Re: Editing Layout & Look of the site

Postby seunm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

:-) thanks so much Kai

I really appreciate your help.

I will read the link you provided,

Regards,

Seun
seunm

Return to OJS Technical Support