OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submission still possible after submissionsCloseDate

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Submission still possible after submissionsCloseDate

Postby gabriela » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 am

Hello,

Today I noticed that authors can still submit to conferences after the submissionsCloseDate passed.
I am running version 2.3.3-1. I could not find any indication that this was solved in 2.3.4.

Gabriela
gabriela

Re: Submission still possible after submissionsCloseDate

Postby AlexandrosG » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 am

Hi! What do you mean?

After the "Submissions closed" date (of the Cofnerence Timeline) has passed, the authors cant still see
the "STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS" link on their "Active Submissions" page?

I am just a user but you can check a couple of thing that come to my mind:

Are you sure that the day AND month AND year of the date are correct?
Are you sure the submissions you are able to do are for the conference you think and not for another conference?
AlexandrosG

Postby sgc » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 am

Hi

We are also having this problem in 2.3.5.0. Author proposal submissions are still being received after the close date. I have done a careful check and the conference managers seem to have everything set correctly. Any thoughts?

Simon
sgc

Postby anntenitaz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 am

Hi

We are also having this problem in 2.3.5.0.

Author proposal submissions are still being received after the close date. I have done a careful check and the conference managers seem to have everything set correctly.

Please help!!
anntenitaz

Postby jamiecruz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 am

anntenitaz wrote:Hi

We are also having this problem in 2.3.5.0.

Author proposal submissions are still being received after the close date. I have done a careful check and the conference managers seem to have everything set correctly.

Please help!!

Same here, does anyone have a solution to this yet?
jamiecruz

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 am

Hi all,

Is it possible that the submissions you continue to receive after the submission close date were started but not completed prior to that date?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kruger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 am

Not possible, but it happen. I've recieved notification for a couple submissions completed after submissionCloseDate, but theyr ID aways is lower than the last submission.

This mean that submissions not finished still active after the submissionCloseDate AND they can be finished.

Thanks,
Paulo Nesello
kruger

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:36 am

Hi Paulo,

If the user is a director or track director, they will always be able to submit, regardless of the deadline. Otherwise, the server's current date must be between the "submissions accepted" date and the "submissions close" date, inclusive, as defined on the conference's Timeline page, or the user will not be able to *begin* the submission. Submissions can always be completed once they've been started, even if that happens after the close date. (In that case it's up to editorial discretion.) Note that submissions will still be accepted on the submissions close date.

The code that checks to see whether new submissions should be allowed is in pages/author/SubmitHandler.inc.php, in the "validate" function; it calls e.g. SchedConfAction::submissionsOpen to check the dates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support