OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Export / Import

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Export / Import

Postby rramos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 am

Greetings.
How can export items from one platform to another, both with the same version, 2.3.8?

I've checked the forum and can not find solution.

With the plugins that are not let me export siquiente shows me the error:
"Missing article title to the number" Test issues "under" Articles. "Please ensure that the XML document conforms to the appropriate DTD."

How can the platform be unable to create a valid document for the importation of articles?
I followed the format is in plugins / importexport / native / sample.xml

Thanks
rramos

Re: Export / Import

Postby springday » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Rramos,

if you are importing "Test issues", your data is probably not confidential, right? Could you attach the XML file that was causing those problems here in this forum?

Greetings,
Kai
springday

Postby rramos » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

Hi!
This is the xml of one of the articles I want to export.
It may be the browser?, I use firefox

Code: Select all
<article>
<title locale="en_US">Language Quarks</title>
<abstract locale="en_US">
This paper very briefly summarizes the results of recent research into the nature of grammatical features and relations (Sigurðsson 2004 et seq.). While morphology operates with discrete (albeit abstract) features and feature values, syntax builds and operates on relations. Many, perhaps all syntactic relations involve silent active heads, language quarks. Quarks cannot be materialized or absolutely located in linguistic ‘space’, and hence there can be no one-to-one correlations between them and ‘concrete material’, such as discrete morphological features. Minimalist syntax is a partly successful theory of I-language, but a plausible theory of language externalization remains to be developed.
</abstract>
<indexing>
<discipline locale="en_US">Linguistics</discipline>
<subject locale="en_US">
case, Cinque's Generalization, externalization, features, mood, language quarks, person, tense
</subject>
<subject_class locale="en_US">Syntax, Minimalist Syntax</subject_class>
</indexing>
<author primary_contact="true">
<firstname>firstname</firstname>
<middlename>middlename</middlename>
<lastname>Lastname</lastname>
<affiliation locale="en_US">Lund University</affiliation>
<country>GB</country>
<email>email@nordlund.lu.se</email>
</author>
<date_published>2010-01-12</date_published>
<galley locale="es_ES">
<label>PDF</label>
<file>
<embed filename="Sigurdsson.pdf" encoding="base64" mime_type="application/pdf">
JVBERi0xLjQNCiW1tbW1DQoxIDAgb2JqDQo8PC9UeXBlL0NhdGFsb2cvUGFnZXMgMiAwI.......
</embed>
</file>
</galley>
<galley locale="en_US">
<label>PDF</label>
<file>
<embed filename="Sigurdsson_Iberia2009.pdf" encoding="base64" mime_type="application/pdf">
JVBERi0xLjQNCiW1tbW1DQoxIDAgb2JqDQo8PC9UeXBlL0NhdGFsb2cvUGFnZXMgMiAwIFIv........
</embed>
</file>
</galley>
<supplemental_file type="other">
<date_created>2009-12-21</date_created>
<file>
<embed filename="Sigurdsson.pdf" encoding="base64" mime_type="application/pdf">
JVBERi0xLjQNCiW1tbW1DQoxIDAgb2JqDQo8PC9UeXBlL0NhdGFsb2cvUGFnZXMgMiAwIFIv........
</embed>
</file>
</supplemental_file>
</article>
rramos

Postby springday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 am

Hi Rramos,

is Spanish the default language of your journal? I think the import module of OJS is complaining, that your XML file does not provide a title in the default language of your journal. It only contains an element with an English title:

Note that you can import several titles per article, like

<title locale="es_RA">Los cuarkes de la lengua</title>

(Sorry for the example, I don't speak Spanish)

However, every language version that you import in your XML file must correspond with the language settings of your journal.
Also note that there is another error in your file: The DTD says that the <supplementary_file> element *must* have a <title> child element, like this:

<supplemental_file type="other">
     <title>Test title</title>
</supplemental_file>

I hope those observations will lead to your successful importing of your articles!

Best wishes,
Kai Weber
springday

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion